Thursday, January 18, 2007

Moment of Peace and Optimism

I am happy. It has taken me a while to get to that point, but I am happy and at peace.

Today, I woke up feeling not so well; yet another day in a long line of days that are consumed by illness. I had that moment of panic and fear that I wouldn’t feel well enough to be moving for the day and then a strange thing happened. The anxiety faded and I found myself smiling. I realized that I was happy.

I have found peace with my illness, peace with my past, peace with all those little things that can make a person crazy if they focus on it too much. I can actually start to mark the moments of my day past the pain and uncertainty. I am looking to my future. A future that I have faith is full of love and life and family and friends and all the things that make life worth living.
I have good role models surrounding me and a solid belief in whom and what I want. I am enjoying the taste of breathing and eating and laughing.

Thank you to all who have been a constant source of support for me. I couldn’t have done it without you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home